The definitive packing list for your luxury sailing vacation
Congratulations! You've booked your first luxury yacht vacation! But now your not sure what or how much to pack and your getting overwhelmed with it all. Don't worry we have got you covered.
Here at Amazon Creek we have many years experience in sailing vacations. Amazon Creek's founder Tim Davis is a keen sailor himself and knows what you need to bring on board for fun, comfort and safety. If you plan on spending several days at sea before heading back to land knowing what to pack is important to ensure your vacation is stress free.
Along with all the obvious items like underwear, swimwear and toiletries, we have put together a comprehensive list of what you should consider packing:.
- Long sleeve shirts, preferably with sunscreen built - When out at sea its easy to forget how powerful the sun is while enjoying the sea breeze.
- Rash vest
- Shorts and Tee shirts - make sure you pack plenty as you may be away from a washing machine, so plenty of clean clothes is a must!
- Hat - make sure it has a tie to keep it on during your sunny sailing days!
- Smart casual items that can take you from on deck to dinner on shore
- Flip flops and or deck shoes/sneakers with non-slip soles - very important with wet surfaces, especially if you have little ones with you.
|Haviana Flip Flops||Pascal Mathieu Eyewear||Net a Porter rash vests|
Take a look at the five luxury sailing items any man shouldn't leave shore without!
All the normal suspects here (toothbrush, toothpaste, shower products etc.) but some items you must not forget on a sailing trip are:
- Sun cream - high quality that's not going to stain your beautiful clothes and teak decks - Amazon Creek recommends Sunology which is not only going to be kind to your clothes but also the environment!
- Leave in conditioner, with the salty fresh air out at sea you hair may be a little more knotted than normal - Amazon Creek recommends Kevin Murphy Leave in Repair.
- For the ladies a good face moisturiser with built in SPF is a must - Amazon Creek recommends ZO Skin Health Daily Sheer
As you will be away from shore for periods of longer than 24 hours at times you will also need to consider taking a first aid kit with you. Although your yacht should have a first aid kit on board for injuries they wont be able to carry medications. We recommend packing the following items,
- Insect repellent and anti histamines just in case of any bug bites
- Calpol (if you are traveling with little ones)
- After sun or Aloe Vera
You will most likely be having most of your meals on board prepared by your private chef, unless your yachter charter is booked self-catered, Then you need to request a pre-provisioning for your arrival on board, dont forget to include your favourite snacks, coffee and tea! Here at Amazon Creek we have an option for a full catered trip, when you take our 'crusing package'.
- Mask, snorkel and fin sets for snorkelling
- Gopro camera with waterproof housing - great catching underwater snaps while snorkeling as well as your watersports action shot!
- Swim goggles
- Floatation aids for children
Sailing specific items
- Sailing maps and guides
- Sailing gloves
- Headtorch - for any night time sailling
- Torch on a rope
- Deck sailing shoes
Amazon Creek have some good news for you! When you book a luxury sailing vacation with us you don't need to worry about all the technical equipment required for a sailing trip, this is all taken care of for you by our skipper and crew.
- ID cards, driving licence
- Copy of your passport kept in a seperate place to your passport just in case the unthinkable happens and you missplace your passport!
- Health Insurance Card
- Phone chargers and the correct adapter plugs
- Pack of cards for evening entertainment and other travel games
- Travel speakers
- A good book or your kindle